The Arunachalamtemple at Tiruvannamalai is an old temple in Tamil Nadu which is said to be around thousand years of age and disparaged by the incredible holy saints and artists of Tamil Nadu. The conspicuous among them are Appar, Sambamdar, Sundarar and Manickavasagar and Arunagirinathar. This has extraordinary notoriety among all Shiva devotees since Arunachalaeswar is implored here as fire and fire being one of the five components that made this universe. The other four components of the panchaboothas are:
- Vayu (Air)
- Akash (Space)
- Jal (Water)
- Bhumi (Earth)
This excellent temple is situated at the foot of the Annamalai slopes that is situated under the Tiruvannamalai locale around eighty kilometres from Vellore Town.
Girivalam is a walk around the slope of Arunachalam which is considered as a consecrated ritual by devotes. It is viewed as progressively favourableif one takes this Girivalam on a Full moon day. The word Girivalam sum of 2 Tamil origin words:
- Giri which means Hill
- Valam which means coming around
On the day before each full moon, devotees walk around the temple base and the Annamalai slopes in a love ofGirivalam. This complete path is around 14 kilometres and this walk is so propitious that it is often considered as equivalent to Kailash Manasa Sarovar Yatra.
8 Lingams on the Girivalam:
At Arunachalaeswar temple there are eight lingams known as Ashtalingam. They are situated at various areas and confronting different directions. Every lingam connoting various directions of the earth.
- Indra Lingam: This is the foremost lingam on Girivalam and signifies East as cardinal direction. Believed to be established by Lord Indra, revering this lingam favours the devotees with long life combined with success in bounty.
- Agni Lingam: This lingam represents South East as cardinal direction. The surprising fact is that, this is the only lingam to be placed on the right side of the path. Appealing to this lingam encourages one to fend off sickness and to keep up great wellbeing.
- Yama Lingam: This lingam implies the south direction. It is said to be introduced by the divine force of death Yama. It has a sacred tank known as Simma theertham. Adoring this Yama lingam diminishes the devotees of their money related constraints.
- Niruthi Lingam: The cardinal direction is South East. This was introduced by the lord of the monsters. This lingam additionally has a sacred tank called as Sani theertha. Revering this Niruthi lingam are liberated of their problems.
- Varuna Lingam: This lingam connotes the west direction. This lingam was introduced by the Varuna god, creator of rain. There is a heavenly tank named as Varuna theertham. Devotees revering this lingam are shielded from all basic disease and also takes care to lift their social development.
- Vayu Lingam: Facing the North West direction, this lingam is installed by Vayu Bhagavana. Worshipping Vayu lingam invigorates battle all heart diseases, stomach problems, lung ailments and general illness.
- Kupera Lingam: Facing North, this lingam was introduced by Kubera, god of wealth. Offering supplications to this lingam helps the devotees to accomplish prosperity.
- Esanya Lingam: This lingam faces the north east direction. Going to this lingam gives significant serenity to enthusiasts and builds up anpositive attitude in them to achieve success.
Tips while going for Girivalam:
- Go barefooted
- Should be undertaken during full moon nights
- Chant ‘Om Arunachala’
|January||Pournami Start : 9th Thu (Late Night) – 2:48 AM|
Pournami End : 10th Fri (Late Night) – 1:49 AM
|10th Jan – 2020 (Fri)|
|February||Pournami Start : 8th Sat – 3:33 PM|
Pournami End : 9th Sun – 1:46 PM
|9th Feb – 2020 (Sat)|
|March||Pournami Start : 8th Sun (Late Night) – 2:09 AM|
Pournami End : 9th Mon (Late Night) – 12:04 AM
|8th Mar – 2020 (Sun)|
9th Mar – 2020 (Mon)
|April||Pournami Start : 7th Tue – 11:21 AM|
Pournami End : 8th Wed – 8:53 AM
|7th Apr – 2020 (Tue)|
|May||Pournami Start : 6th Wed – 7:28 PM|
Pournami End : 7th Thu – 5:14 PM
|7th May – 2020 (Wed)|
|June||Pournami Start : 4th Thu (Late Night) – 3:23 AM|
Pournami End : 5th Fri (Late Night) – 1:26 AM
|4th June – 2020 (Thu)|
5th June – 2020 (Fri)
|July||Pournami Start : 4th Sat – 12:02 PM|
Pournami End : 5th Sun – 10:58 AM
|4th July – 2020 (Sat)|
|August||Pournami Start : 2nd Sun – 10:04 AM|
Pournami End : 3rd Mon – 9:54 PM
|2nd Aug – 2020 (Sun)|
|September||Pournami Start : 1st Tue – 10:15 AM|
Pournami End : 2nd Wed – 11:08 AM
|1st Sep – 2020 (Tue)|
|September||Pournami Start : 30th Wed (Late Night) – 1:14 AM|
Pournami End : Oct 1st Thu (Late Night) – 2:57 AM
|30th Sep – 2020 (Wed)|
1st Oct – 2020 (Thu)
|October||Pournami Start : 30th Fri – 6:45 PM|
Pournami End : 31st Sat – 8:49 PM
|30th Oct – 2020 (Fri)|
|November||Pournami Start : 29th Sun – 1:47 PM|
Pournami End : 30th Mon – 2:23 PM
|29th Nov – 2020 (Sun)|
|December||Pournami Start : 29th Tue – 8:40 AM|
Pournami End : 30th Wed – 9:18 AM
|30th Dec – 2020 (Wed)|